Monday, January 30, 2017

Just a Mom!!


Often people will say I dont know how you do it, your an amazing mom.  But I'm not an amazing mom, I'm like any other mom who puts their children first. Today I thought I would post about the struggles raising 2 children, one with special needs. One of the biggest hardships is working. I always joke who would hire me, I need the hours of 9:30-3:00 with Friday's off and I may be in tomorrow but I'll have to see how the morning goes. With two children in different schools, lots of doctor appointments, speech, massage, physio, plus school events, bowling and gymnastics and a husband that works shifts it leaves little time for work. My husband works hard at his job as a team lead in a factory. He takes all the OT he can and works shifts that change every week, we need his wage but most of all his benefits. He's not home a lot, so that I can work part time in my basement salon and take care of kids. My kids have grown up in my salon and all my clients are part of our family. This gives me the time to raise our children.  It's not always easy for either of us. He feels like he's missing out and I'm pulling my hair out cause I haven't left the house in a week or go to all appointments on my own. But we make it work. I say I have 10 years in the salon left and then maybe I'll get a job out of the house. Our son will be 23 and our daughter 18. But realize our son will still have doctors appointments, need rides, and help with everyday life. Even if he lives on his own he will need me and I will need him. And I do really love my job and my clients are amazing. If I have to rebook them because we have an appointment come up they are great about it, I only work a couple days a week and they will wait till I have an opening, they are a great group of people. And so it really does work out for the best and for our family.  I don't know how parents do it working full time and raising a family, I think that's amazing!!  We don't have a big fancy house or cars, we don't go on big holidays and aren't able to buy whatever we want. We DO have everything we need, a cozy little house, food in our bellies, clothes on our backs, and a loving family. So even though it's challenging at times we get through it........ Together. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment