Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Recipe Wednesday Turkey Taco Mac

Turkey Taco Mac

I have found that some nights I need a quick easy supper, my kids love tacos but I felt like I needed to change it up a bit. 

1lb ground turkey
1 cup salsa
1 pinch black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning( i make my own)
1 1/2 cup Mexican style cheese
2 cups water
8oz of pasta (i use gluten free)
Tomatoes, parsley, cheese to garnish

Preheat a large skillet over med heat.  Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper.  Cook, until cooked thoroughly.  Stir taco seasoning into turkey, then stir in water, salsa and pasta.  Bring mixture to a boil. Stir cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 15 mins until pasta is tender. Turn off heat and stir in cheese. Add tomatoes, cheese and parsley to garnish top.  Serve with sour cream and a garden salad. Yum. 

Taco seasoning 
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl this recipe is equivalent to 1 package of store bought taco seasoning. I usually make it x4 and put it in container, so i always have it on hand. 

Hope you enjoy both recipes. 



1 comment:

  1. I think you should post the Lara Bars recipe! It's yummy!!

    ReplyDelete